Hey there, world! You might wonder where I've been for the last few months. Honestly, I didn't realize that it had been so long since I had updated here. My life has been really hectic with lots of things going on. I'm going to try to do a better job to post a little more regularly, but let me sum up the last two months:
- We have a new senior pastor at LifePoint! His name is Jym Gregory, and I have already enjoyed working with him and getting to know him. The transition was really smooth, and I have a lot of respect for the way that both Pastor Tom and Pastor Jym handled things. If you want to meet Jym, visit the LifePoint web site here.
- I'm in the process of preparing for our High School Summer Retreat and our Middle School Camp. These take place on back-to-back weeks at the beginning of June. YIKES! Lots to plan for, but I'm excited… these are two of my favorite weeks of the year!
- Kari and I are taking three students with us to Brazil this summer! We will be spending three weeks with our church-sponsored missionary, Tele Moraes, serving with medical clinics, an English camp, and light construction work. We are in the process of raising support for our trip, so if you would like to contribute, please contact me, and I will let you know how you can partner with us.
- I'm learning Portuguese. This might actually be the main culprit for taking me away from my blogging. Kari and I bought the Rosetta Stone so we could know some Portuguese when we're in Brazil for three weeks. It has been a long, but hopefully rewarding process!
- I'm reading Crime and Punishment. If you've never read it, I highly recommend it. It has some really cool thoughts about sin in it. I'm about 1/3 of the way through, and I can't wait to finish it in about 400 pages.
- My sermons are now available for download from LifePoint's web site and will no longer be posted here. Sorry for the confusion, it's just easier that way. You can get them here. Also, there is a new podcast link from the LifePoint web site.
Well, that's about it for me. I'll try to be more on top of staying up to date here. Keep me posted on what's going on in your lives, too.
I also just noticed that this is my 500th post!! That's something to celebrate!